Sunday, May 3, 2009

Corporate Loss

Recently I was pointed toward a sim with a Corporate theme. ALA "Mad Men"What I discovered when I arrived was ...well... to say that the build was impressive, would be a gross understatement. It is beautiful! A perfect mix of corporate presentation with non PC behavior, running rampant!

According to the rules on the notecard, only group members were allowed to interact, sexually. I am told that this is strictly enforced and I was questioned in an rathere assertive manner to ascertain whether or not I am a child. (I am well under the normal 6'8" woman.) I was glad of such diligence! Also, each time I visited, (4 times) there was an active, and involved group of roleplayers present. All were very upset that the corporation was going to shut down at the end of May. (The storyline at present is the current economy is to blame for the shutdown, it seems.)Many thought of the place as home.I think that the owner describes the point behind the sim, best...so please allow me to quote from the notecard:

The "story" of the company is that we provide Sex Therapy services and counseling for the general public. While the Sex Therapists will roleplay here working with clients, the office itself will be like many real life office environments, but here we can act out our erotic fantasies with co-workers. We have a corporate business setting where intelligent and creative men and women can act out their erotic fantasies.

What does CMNF mean? It stands for Clothed Male, Nude Female roleplay. This is roleplay that appeals to women who like the idea of flirting with powerful men and engaging in public exhibitionism. Women who like the idea of submitting sexually to intelligent and creative men tend to like CMNF roleplay.

Men are requested to wear business attire and may add an erect penis when using the pose balls. Men should remain clothed during sex and just extend the penis.

Women are encouraged to wear seductive and sheer clothing, or to be at least partially nude during roleplay. Full nudity is also permitted for women, but it is more fun to start clothed and then let the executives strip you.
Due to recent region changes in SL, this facility will be closing at the end of May 2009. As a result, we are not accepting additional members to the group.


The rumor is that since this corporation will be considered an adult area, it must be moved. Moving something that is this intricate is not easily done and evidently, not something that the owner wishes to do at this time.

So,a subject that held little interest for me, has drawn my attention...the new adult content policy. Being new on SL, maybe I have a unique perspective. Let me first say that IMHO LL should have separated PG areas from Mature/Adult themed areas from the get go. But sadly, for whatever reason, that was not done.

"Adult" areas are being told that they have to move somewhere else. I keep imagining something seedy like Potterville. Remember Potterville? That was the name of the sinister town that existed because George Bailey had never been born, in "It's Wonderful Life" Makes me shudder~

Island sims are not involved...yet. Also, one has to be verified as an adult to even see these places in search, from what I understand. What is being created appears to be a sort of caste system, and that makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Still, none of this has affected me, personally, as yet, except...now we must verify as an adult by either giving a social security number or a credit card. Done. Hmmm I have to wonder about the motive in this action?
Whenever I try to understand motivation in business, I always remember the adage always follow the money. I plan to sit back and watch. I doubt that anything that happens next will surprise me, but...you never know!

I have included a short videa tour of the facility..enjoy!Meanwhile, I have to hope that the owner of this corporation will reconsider his decision. It is unique, well constructed, and well run, from everything that I have heard so far! If you get a chance to see it, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment