Sunday, March 15, 2009

BDSM 101~ A bit of a rant

Sighing here, and thinking that this is a good time to say this, since I am convinced that very few read this BLOG. Hopefully, it should not stir anyones pot, toooo much.

So here goes...

This is not aimed at anyone in particular. There are several people that claim to "teach" others about how to be a submissive or how to be Dominant. Recently, I read a disclaimer from one teacher, that her particular lessons are aimed at people interested in the bdsm lifestyle in sl, only. I do not have a problem with learning about D/s in sl. However, please allow me to be perfectly clear about my personal feelings about teaching someone to be a Dom or sub.(Excuse the caps.)
THIS CAN NOT BE TAUGHT!

You either are or you aren't. Period.

I had expressed this to someone, not to long ago, and she agreed, being much more eloquent than I in her assessment. "It is like teaching someone to be left-handed or right-handed. You are either one or the other."

Maybe I am too much of a purest about being submissive, but I have strong feelings about the trust that exists within the power exchange.

Allow me to tell you a quick story.When I first came to sl, a man, approached me, he self-identified as a Dominant. He was actually very nice, but i was abit rankled when told me that he "knew" what it was to be sub. "Interesting," I thought. When I asked him how he knew knew this... he mentioned that he had had lessons. When asked how many lessons it took for him to acquire this knowledge. He said it was about 10. (I cringed)
I think that you can teach someone to "act" submissive or Dominant. I do not think that you can teach someone to "be" such.
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see?
End of rant~

No comments:

Post a Comment